Call for Presentations
The Call for Presentations is now closed.
If you've submitted an abstract, you will be notified of the status after the Solutions Conference Committee meeting (taking place September 29-30, 2009). The 2010 program will be posted soon! Check back for details.
Suggested submission topics included:
- Doing More with Less – Efficiency and Operational Excellence/Data Sharing and Collaboration
- Impact of the Consumer/Global Consciousness/Alternative Energy
- Intelligent Infrastructure
- Cyber Security/Regulatory Compliance
- Consumer GIS/Software as a Service/Cloud Computing
- Asset Integrity/Infrastructure Reliability
- Where’s the Stimulus Money Now?/National Broadband Plan/Geospatial ARRA Projects
- Local Geospatial Topics: Native American Tribes/Mexico/Bureau of Land Management, Surveying, Homeland Security
Relaxed Paper Requirements
GITA relaxed the minimum paper requirements, as we are sensitive to the time constraints of today’s professionals. In a continued effort to provide valuable content, accepted speakers for the 2010 Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference must a) submit a biography b) submit a two- to four- page executive summary or full paper (more than 4 pages), which will be published in the Conference Proceedings, and c) submit PowerPoint slides to be used during the presentation (slides will not be published). Full paper submittals are still highly regarded and recommended. There is no limit on paper submission size. Remember, presentations must be noncommercial.
Speaker Policy Changes
In the event the lead presenter and co-authors cannot present, substitute speakers must work for the same company as either the presenter or co-authors who originally submitted the abstract.
- In the case of any substitution, the original presentation as selected by the conference committee must be made. Presenters cannot make changes to the subject matter or title.
- If a presenter changes employment, the presentation will be made by the original presenter as an employee of the new company.
- A presenter can only participate in one technical session. For example, a presenter cannot be a lead presenter on one presentation and co-author on another, a co-author on two presentations, or a lead presenter on two presentations.
Speaker Discount Program
All speakers will receive a generous discount on conference registration: $200 off full conference registration; and $50 off a one-day pass!
The submission form requires your, presentation title, abstract (75-word for print and 200-word for committee review), learning objectives, the abstract topic, and full contact information for all speakers.
The Conference Committee will review all papers and speakers may be asked to edit their papers as needed.