(PRE-CONFERENCE OPTIONAL EVENT, SEPERATE FEE REQUIRED. SEE REGISTRATION PAGE FOR DETAILS)
Tuesday, September 4 - 1:00p to 4:00p
A special program for self storage owners, operators, investors, developers, as well as executives of vendor firms. This is the sixth of a series, and the panel presentations will showcase the most current, up-to-date information on recent sales, buyer acquisition strategies, and other key issues of the financial world as they pertain to self storage.
Watch the SSA website and your email for more information, including a complete list of our speakers and moderators.
Space is very limited. Register BEFORE August 17 for this program. All registrants are invited to the SSA Chairman’s Reception following this course. See registration form for details.
Operations and Investment
- What are Mid-size and Smaller Operators doing to compete effectively with Large Operators?
- Learn from 4 Executives of Mid-size firms from 4 different regions of the country as they discuss what they’ve learned from recent successes and failures as they work to grow assets and revenue.
- Hear from Mid-size Owner-Operator CEO’s, Presidents and CIO’s about how properties are performing in markets of the Southeast, Northeast, Midwest, Southwest & West & what they’re doing to drive revenue.
- What are operators doing differently in 2012? What’s working?
- Why is the acquisition volume for buyers much lower than in 2011?
- How have Buyers sourced and closed Recent Acquisitions & what issues did they have to overcome?
- Understand how new acquisitions have made sense and have met the Buyer’s Investment Criteria?
- Where is the Investment Market Headed in the 4th Quarter and in 2013?
- A Credit Union Executive will describe the unique features of Credit Union loans
- How Aggressive are CMBS Lenders Getting?
- Are CMBS lenders reliable in this volatile market?
- Learn about Banks and their Balance Sheet Loan Options for storage owners
- What is the best Strategy for Navigating the volatile capital markets
- How far in advance of your loan maturity date should you begin your loan process?
Learn from these industry experts who are passionate about sharing knowledge:
Jim Davies – Principal, Talonvest Capital, Inc.
Maurice Pogoda – Principal & President, Pogoda Companies
David Benson – President, Morningstar Properties, LLC
Cris Burnam – President & Chief Operating Officer, StorageMart
Bill Hobin – President and CEO, The William Warren Group
Rick Hielscher – Partner and COO, SHS Development, Inc.
Charles LeClaire – Senior Vice President, Marcus & Millichap
Michael Knott – Managing Director, Green Street Advisors
Brandon Kelly – President, R.J. Kelly Companies
Dan Nixon – President, The Paragon Group
Ken Nitzberg – Chairman and CEO, Devon Self Storage
Brad Wilmot – Managing Director, Wells Fargo Bank RE Capital Markets
Paul Cleary – First Vice President, Kinecta Federal Credit Union
Eric Snyder – Principal, Talonvest Capital, Inc